Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Believing in the Fant4stic

So, I know I'm a week late but the I just have to say that I watched the trailer for the new Fantastic Four (remake/reboot) and I have to say....Wow.  At first I didn't know what I was going to hate more...Marvel's Ant-man or the Fant4stic?  The only thing I thought going for the movie was Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm the new Human Torch and Jamie Bell as the Thing.  I find Michael B. Jordan to be an interesting fresh face who will probably go far and I think that portraying the Human Torch will catapult his career even further than it is now.  Miles Teller as Reed Richards, Kate Mara as Sue Storm, and Jamie Bell as the tormented Thing.  I've been a fan of Jamie Bell since "Jumper" and "The Adventures of Tin-tin".  Miles Teller starred in Project X and 21 & Over and Kate Mara is no rookie to the scene but as she appears to be the eldest one of the 4 cast its no wonder she looks like Sue the mother and not Sue the girlfriend.  Little known fact, she starred in "Nip/Tuck" one season opposite of the great Julian McMahon who was also Dr. Doom in the last Fantastic Four movies.

I like how they show what looks like the Think Tank where Reed, Susan, and Doom learn and do their experiments.  But it also pays homage to the original comic book by showing Johnny working on his "hot rod".  Then there is the fantastic emergence of the Thing from a rock like formation.  Now aside from that there is the rest of the Fantastic Four.  We have an essentially Ultimate's take on the Fantastic Four as they are all younger than what was originally portrayed and imagined.  We also see them taking a trip in a  "shuttle" but I'm pretty sure that they didn't travel to outer space because none of them looked like official astronauts.  No it looks like the new 4 gain their new powers by trying to travel to another dimension...namely the Negative Zone.  I gotta say that I am greatly looking And I say that with some assurance thanks to the the large portal seen in the last still of the trailer.  If you haven't see it check out Fantastic 4 Trailer that I've posted.


No comments: