Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Rush Limbaugh is still alive???

Ok, I’ve kind of quiet for the past week enjoying the holidays with family and…well mostly friends.  Last week Rush Limbaugh ranted about one of my favorite actors Idris Elba being rumored to be considered as the next James Bond.  Now his argument was against him not because he was a horrible actor or that he couldn’t make you believe that he could be James Bond.  No his argument was just that he was black….Ok, last time I checked James Bond was a fictional character.  That means he can be warped and changed to fit the cinematic needs of the studio that owns the rights to make the movies.  Does that mean you can hire Matt Damon to portray Malcolm X?  No it doesn’t because that is completely retarded.  There is a difference in portraying a historical figure due to their circumstances that surround their importance to history.  James Bond is a Scottish Briton secret agent who is a womanizer and fights for Queen and Country.  So…what you’re telling me is that there are no Black Scots?  If this is true then I’ll retract my argument against Idris Elba’s consideration but if there are…and I know that they exist because we are EVERYWHERE then why the hell are we listening to racist comments from a man who stopped making sense back in the 90’s.  Listen Rush…we don’t need narrow-minded individuals like you tearing down good actors when we as a people can make ourselves look horrible on our own.  Every time I look at WorldStarHipHop.com I’m ashamed that I know that website exists.  Shaking my head at the stupidity of idiots who have an audience.  I will say that Idris Elba responded perfectly by tweeting by a funny face and saying, “Thanks for thinking I’m good enough.  But isn’t James Bond attractive?”  That there is what we call class people.  Learn it.  

No comments: